Friday, August 14

Cheap Eats vs. Fine Dining: The Moxie Remix

I just had some yummy Indian food for lunch-I'm stuffed! I had two choices for Indian food practically right next door to each other. I skipped the nicer looking restaurant and went with my instinct. I consider myself a foodie and love to try new restaurants and cuisines or the same cuisines in different restaurants and it brought me to think about my recent trip to Puerto Rico. My beau made dinner reservations at a restaurant called KOCO in the El San Juan Hotel. Its a beautiful modernesque Caribbean restaurant and came highly recommended by a couple of people. We were excited to get there and eat and just enjoy the night out. Upon reviewing the menu, we noticed they didn't have what we wanted. We ended up ordering drinks and sharing an appetizer (which were good) before leaving in search for authentic comida criolla (Spanish soul food). We found a place, really a hole in the wall that served delicious food which was just what we were in search for. I say all this to say that sometimes the most obscure places serve the best food. It's great being in a hot spot, eating, drinking and people watching but I prefer a delicious euphoric culinary experience over recounting the amount of trendy places I've frequented-well most of the time anyway ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Gotta agree with you on that one. But I still love Koco's ambiance. Next time go straight to their bar for drinks. The waiters there are good with creating what ever it is you are in the mood for at that moment. They can mix up a glass of what ever tickles your fancy with Bacardi like you would never believe.
    *Jaysha*

    ReplyDelete